Most drones of 2019 have high price tags but how do you fly the skies without robbing a bank? Whether you’re a living room hobbyist or a future drone racer the drones in this article give the most bang for your buck! Drum roll please……….. a Sharper Image drone.
Sharper Image is a commonly know American company that offers consumers home electronics and other high-tech lifestyle products. The question is how well are their drones? Are they durable enough for the beginner flyer and do they have the capabilities that experienced flyers want? We will answer all of these questions and more below so stay tuned!
Before we get started feel free to click the links below to bring you to the most relevant drone you are looking for! We will be covering HD Video Drones and our personal favorite for a novice: pocket drones.
Mosquito HD Video Drone with LED Lights
Welcome to the DroneOpinion chopping block! Let us begin with the Mosquito HD Video Drone with LED Lights. With a teeny tiny size that fits between your fingertips this little guy can fly virtually anywhere! Leave open a window and watch this little thing zoom in and out.
The Mosquito has a long list of features but let’s go through some of the highlights! Don’t worry, we will have the full list of features below for your viewing.
The Mosquito’s small size usually means it comes with instability issues but with the built-in gyro that problem is solved. Which also means its easier to shoot high-quality pictures and video with the option to upgrade to a 32GB memory card.
If you’re more of a stuntman (or woman), the Mosquito can have you doing 360-degree flips with a press of a button. Personally, my favorite feature is the LED lights, allowing you to fly in your home with the lights off. Now that’s pretty cool!!
- Video camera mini drone
- Reliable 2.4 gHz RF communication
- Built-in gyro for smooth flying
- Indoor/outdoor use
- 3 speed levels (40%, 75%, 100%)
- Shoots high definition AVI video (1280x720P)
- Shoots high-quality JPEG images
- 360° flips
- Flight range: 60 ft.
- LED lights
- Accommodates memory cards up to 32 GB (not included)
- Charge time: approximately 50 minutes
- Flight time: approximately 5 minutes
- Transmitter requires 2 AA batteries
- Drone charges via USB
Chopping block suspect number 2: The Pocket Video Drone
Next up on the DroneOpinion chopping block is the beginner drone that you can safely carry in your own pocket, the Pocket Video Drone.
This drone averages a 4.5 out of 5-star review on Amazon and is the best choice for someone who want to bring their flying experience on any occasion. With all the specifications below, you can see that the Pocket Video Drone is the coolest and compact drone on the market!!
With the Pocket Video Drone, you can connect to your smart phone and control the drone with a FREE app!
Get the ultimate First-Person Experience (FPV) by watching the streaming videos live on your mobile device.
A feature that most people love about this pocket-sized drone is the one-key take off and landing with an additional emergency stop.
Just like the HD Mosquito Drones, the Pocket Video Drone can do 360-degree flips and rolls. Ready for your inner daredevil!
Don’t worry about breaking the blades with your crazy stunt as this drone comes with extra blades and a USB charger to keep you in the air!
Pocket Video Drone
- The Pocket Video Drone is the coolest and most compact quad copter on the scene!
- Controlled with your smartphone and a free app
- Get a First-Person View (FPV) by watching streaming videos live on your mobile device
- Capture high-definition photos and videos
- Compatible with iPhone/iPad (5.1.1+) and Galaxy/Android devices (OS 2.2+)
- Folds up for easy transport
- Fly indoors or outdoors
- 3 speeds: 30%, 60% and 100%
- Video quality: 720p
- 360-degree flips and rolls
- Features one-key takeoff and landing plus emergency stop
- Flying range: 30 m (98.4 ft.)
- Ages 10+
- Includes travel pouch, extra blades and USB charger
- Charge time: 75 minutes
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Drone charges via USB
With the drones listed above you may be wondering which flying machine is right for you? Well, here at DroneOpinion we give our honest opinion on everything that we write.
The drones in this article are cheap drones that are fun and have more capabilities than most other drones at this price range.
The HD Mosquito Drone is the most recommended drone on our list and be sure to soar the skies indoors with this one.
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty, real deal, stunt flying, blade spinning, soaring above all other drones in this article drone, then check out Amazon’s best choice drone: Tello Drone Quadcopter Elite Combo.